Rod Mattson

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Rationale for this particular Blog

For the past 10 years, I have taught a job search, resume writing, and interviewing course at Green River Community College in Auburn, WA. This quarter, Winter 2010, I am teaching it as a hybrid course--part online and part in the classroom on Saturday mornings. Since I am writing most of the course content on the virtual classroom software, I think it will be good to share.

This information might be valuable to others; plus, in this arena, I am hopeful to learn more information from the responses, experiences, and observations of the readers.

The format will be to share with you what happens in this course both online and in the classroom. I will share the assignments and the student's findings. For example, their first assignment is to find a blog on the job search, read several posts, then analyze it. I will post their findings: links, critiques, and analysis for you.

We should be able to accumulate good information and opinions for you to analyze and see if it is helpful to you in your job search, or if you are a trainer or teacher, it is helpful information to use in your presentations.

This should be a fun experience and I hope you benefit from this blog as the students benefit from the college course.

No comments:

Post a Comment